Events Manager APPLY NOW
Shop Local Kentucky is currently seeking a full-time events manager. This person will oversee all in-store and external events for SLK. Up to 50% travel is requested as we do pop-up shops across the state. The perfect applicant will expand our events department by researching opportunities for in-person shops. They will oversee a new partnership located in Bowling Green, Kentucky and be responsible for four events in the fall and multiple events across the November - March months at Western Kentucky University.
- Conducts short- and long-term planning and management for events and sales.
- Develops and recommend the budget, marketing plans, and objectives and manages within those approved plans.
- Maintains or exceeds budgeted sales and profits in all event areas.
- Recommends, develops, and implements effective marketing plans for generating event revenues.
- Evaluates each piece of event business to ensure business can be properly serviced.
- Assembles creative and innovative event attractions based on internal capabilities or outsources to qualified vendors.
- Trains, supervises, and works with event staff, to solicit and book pop-up shops, as well as the planning, merchandising and execution of the functions.
- Leads event team to build long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of sales objectives.
- Administers all phases of the event department, including but not limited to sales, planning, marketing, servicing, and administrative procedures.
- Coaches employees to reflect company service standards and procedures.
- Oversees in-store events and merchandising.
- Oversees pop-up shop at Evans Orchard for fall.
- Will oversee events spanning the state including a new partnership running event located in Bowling Green, Kentucky.
- 30-50% Travel
- Must have weekend availability.
- In-person position at our Lexington, Kentucky based headquarters.
- A company vehicle will be provided for all travel.