Retail Associate APPLY NOW
Shop Local Kentucky is seeking full and part time retail associates for our Lexington, Kentucky retail store.
Retail Sales Associate Job Responsibilities:
- Serves customers by helping them select products.
- Drives sales through engagement of customers, suggestive selling, and sharing product knowledge.
- Greets and receives customers in a welcoming manner.
- Responds to customers’ questions.
- Directs customers by escorting them to racks and counters.
- Provides outstanding customer service.
- Documents sales by creating or updating customer profile records.
- Manages financial transactions.
- Processes payments by totaling purchases, processing checks, cash, and store or other credit and debit cards.
- Alerts management of potential security issues.
- Assists with inventory, including receiving and stocking merchandise.
- Keeps clientele informed by notifying them of preferred customer sales and future merchandise of potential interest.
The current Shop Local Kentucky retail location is open Tuesday-Saturday 11AM-6PM. Hours will be between these times and may be full and part time. Our store is moving in the fall and with that, hours will shift in order to meet the need of the new location.
Retail Sales Associate Qualifications/ Skills:
- Excellent customer service
- Meeting sales goals
- Selling to customer needs
- Product knowledge
- People skills
- Energy level
- General math skills
- Verbal communication
- Job knowledge
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED
- 0-1 years of retail experience desired